Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Too Young the Hero ... pt.2 Ricky Schroder

I just told a story of a movie I saw.  The movie, Too Young The Hero, was from a true account of a 12 year old boy who joined the Navy after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  The boy, Calvin Graham, was played by Ricky Schroder.

Now, I'm not one to gush over actors.  Yes, I've had fair share of crushes on quite a few of them.  But, Before you think I'm a closeted romantic ... because I'm mostly not ... you should understand that it is just that.  I'm infatuated by the actor because they are beautiful, sexy, ripped, or even a great actor.  I'm more realistic than romantic.  So, I am not really interested in something that isn't a reality.  

So, why now write a small piece about Ricky Schroder?  

I actually had written out about 7 things that I thought were cool about Ricky Schroder.  I ended up deleting them and just posting pictures of him here for people to enjoy.  I'll put a few topics that I thought were cool about R.S., but I won't go into detail.  

Ricky Schroder and I are very, very close to the same age.  The funny thing about that is the pictures I found of him with feathered bangs, in corny sweaters, etc.  

I've enjoyed many of the things that Rick have been in.  This past movie, made when he was 18, was another good example of his acting.  

He is a good family man.  Here he is with his sons.  








And with the daughters and wife, too.  































He is an active celebrity ambassador for the child abuse prevention and treatment non-profit organization, Childhelp.   


At the age of 35, he converted to Mormonism.  Interesting, isn't it?  


He was a good looking kid, who started acting as a child.  





He is a good looking guy, who has only gotten sexier with age.  















Too Young The Hero:


 


 NYPD Blues:

 


Scrubs:

Other movies:











Silver Spoons: 


The Champ (winner of Golden Globe, 1980)


Der Wachter Des Hades (as Director): 
 

If you are keeping track of the Six Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon, here are some easy ones to get you started: 

Ricky Schroder acted with: 

  • Jon Voight and Faye Dunawaye in the Champ.
  • Elliott Gould in the Last Flight of Noah's Ark.
  • Alec Guiness and Patrick Stewart in Little Lord Fauntleroy.
  • Lindsay Wagner and Peter Weller in Two Kinds of Love.
  • Peter Fonda, Deidre Hall, and Tracey Gold in a Reason to Live.
  • Erin Gray and Alfonso Ribeiro in Silver Spoons.
  • Lara Flynn Boyle in Terror on Highway 91
  • Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Diane Lane, Robert Ulrich, D.B. Sweeney, Anjelica Huston, Chris Cooper, and Steve Buschemi in Lonesome Dove.
  • Reese Witherspoon and Dennis Haysbert joined the rest in Lonesome Dove 2.
  • Mary Kaye Place and Richard Jenkins in Out on the Edge.
  • Brad Pitt in Across the Tracks.
  • Kate Jackson in the Stranger Within.
  • Howard Hesseman and Rue McClanahan in Innocent Victims.
  • Wilfred Brimley in Blood River.
  • Eric McCormack in Call of the Wild.
  • Dermott Mulroney, Kelli Williams, and Noah Wyle in There Goes My Baby.
  • Benjamin Bratt, Patrick Duffy, Anthony Michael Hall, John Schnieder, Charlton Heston, and Randy Travis in Texas
  • Freddi Prinze Jr. and Hentry Winkler in Detention: The Siege at Johnson High.
  • Jack Palance in Ebenezer.
  • Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman, Viggo Mortensen, James Gandolfini, and Steve Zahn in Crimson Tide. 
  • And regular roles on 24, Scrubs, Strong Medicine, NYPD Blue, and the Adromeda Strain.


I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment